Vision Boards are all the rage right now and I LOVE IT! Casting a vision for the year is a really great way to picture what you want your life to look like for that year. It also helps to write down goals to go along with your board and we are going to get into that in this post.
How to create a vision board:
Step 1: Think about what you want the year to look like.
Is your health a big priority? Getting out of debt? Personal growth? Creating a home you feel peaceful in? Organizing your life? Letting go? Adventuring more?
Step 2: Collect images.
Start gathering images that represent those goals. Maybe quotes help. Maybe images of an organized home if you want to get organized. Images of healthy foods if that’s a goal of yours. I use Pinterest for gathering images because I had pretty much pinned my vision for my life there on my various boards but just needed to piece it all together into one.
Be sure to credit the photographer or artist of the images so that you can link back to them if you share their photos.
Step 3: Put it all together.
I used Illustrator for the one above, but if you don’t have Adobe Design program knowledge, I don’t advise trying to figure it all out just for this. Canva is totally free and easy to use so that’s what I recommend for you. I used Canva for the two boards below. Create a design and search for a mood board template. Upload your images and fill them into the template. You can also change up the various photo collages and add as many or as few images as you’d like.
Step 4: Write down the goals that go with the vision.
I’ll give you mine so that this will all make sense. I don’t have a specific goal for each photo but I do have a list of goals for the overall board.
- Practice yoga four times a week.
- Spend a lot of time taking care of myself. Social media free Sundays, time outside taking hikes, walks, and enjoying nature are some ideas I’m thinking of.
- Finish decorating our home.
- Finish cleaning out and getting rid of items in boxes in the attic.
- Spend every morning with Jesus doing a daily devotional and praying.
- Travel travel travel. Take a short trip to celebrate my husband’s 31st birthday, take a short trip for my 29th birthday, and take a long trip to Spain for our anniversary in October.
- Pay off all remaining credit card and student loan debt.
- Eat foods that nourish my body and make me feel amazing. Complete another round of Whole30 in January.
- Bring home a salary from my business. Implement the Profit First System.
- Monthly date nights with my husband and lots of time supporting and encouraging each other.
These goals are still very general but work for the purpose of this post. I will be sharing a post next week on how to go about setting specific, measurable, attainable goals. Stay tuned for that!
Word of the Year
I also decided to choose a word of the year for 2019 and my word is intentional. To be intentional with my decisions, relationships, time, money, and words. I want my life to reflect my values.
That’s it! Now, print it out or put it as the background screen for your phone and computer to remind you daily to keep working on creating that vision for your life.
Some images are from Pinterest and others are my own. They are all linked below: